Utah Registered Agent Statutes
§ 48-2c-302. Utah Registered Agent
Utah Registered Agent
48-2c-302. Registered agent.
(1) (a) Each domestic company and each foreign company authorized to do business in this state shall continuously maintain an agent in this state for service of process on that company.
(b) The street address of the registered agent shall be the same as the registered office of the company in this state.
(2) The registered agent must be:
(a) an individual who resides in this state and whose business office is identical with the registered office;
(b) a domestic company or domestic corporation or domestic nonprofit corporation whose business office is identical with the registered office; or
(c) a foreign company or foreign corporation or foreign nonprofit corporation authorized to transact business in this state whose business office is identical with the registered office.
(3) A company or foreign company may not serve as its own registered agent.
(4) Failure to maintain a registered agent in this state shall be grounds for administrative dissolution of a domestic company under Section 48-2c-1206 and for revocation of authority to transact business in this state in the case of a foreign company.
(5) The registered agent of a domestic company or foreign company may resign by delivery to the division for filing an original and one copy of a signed written notice of resignation together with a declaration that notice of the resignation has been given to the company or foreign company. The division shall then mail a copy of the notice of resignation:
(a) in the case of a domestic company, to the managers of the company, or if the articles of organization provide that the company is member-managed, to the members of the company; or
(b) in the case of a foreign company, to the principal office of the foreign company.
(6) The addresses for the mailing required by Subsection (5) shall be the street addresses set forth in the notice, annual report, or document most recently filed with the division. The appointment of the registered agent ends on the 31st day after the division receives notice of the resignation.