Tennessee Registered Agent Statutes
§ 48-208-101. Tennessee Registered Agent
Tennessee Registered Agent
§ 48-208-101. Chapter Tennessee Registered Agent
48-208-101. Registered office and registered agent.
(a) Registered Office and Agent. Each foreign and domestic LLC must continuously maintain in this state:
(1) A registered office that may be the same as any of its places of business; and
(2) A registered agent, who may be: an individual who resides in this state, a domestic corporation, a not-for-profit domestic corporation, an LLC, or a foreign corporation, not-for-profit foreign corporation, or foreign LLC authorized to transact business in this state. The registered agent must maintain a business office that is identical with the registered office.
(b) New Registered Agent Required. If a registered agent resigns or is unable to perform such agent's duties, the foreign or domestic designating LLC shall promptly designate another registered agent to the end that it shall at all times have a registered agent in this state.
48-208-102. Change of registered office or registered agent.
(a) Change in Registered Office and/or Agent by LLC. A foreign or domestic LLC may change its registered office or registered agent by delivering to the secretary of state for filing a statement of change that sets forth:
(1) The name of the LLC;
(2) If the current registered office is to be changed, the street address of the new registered office and the zip code for such office and the county in which the office is located;
(3) If its current registered agent is to be changed, the name of its new registered agent; and
(4) That after the change or changes are made, the street addresses of its registered office and the business office of its registered agent will be identical.
(b) Change in Registered Office by Registered Agent. If a registered agent changes the street address of such registered agent's business office, such registered agent may change the street address of the registered office of any LLC for which such registered agent is the registered agent by notifying the LLC in writing of the change and signing (either manually or in facsimile) and delivering to the secretary of state for filing a statement that complies with the requirements of subsection (a) and recites that the LLC has been notified of the change.