Nevada Business Startups
- Nevada is the second most popular commercial filing jurisdiction in the U.S., due largely to favorable business laws and low-tax environment.
- Nevada is an "employment-at-will" state. Employers may terminate relationships at any time and without any reason.
- Piercing the corporate veil in Nevada requires the presence of “fraud” or “manifest injustice.” This is the highest standard for personal indemnification available.
- Charging order protection for stock of closely-held corporations protects stockholders of all Nevada corporations with between 2 and 75 shareholders. Nevada is the first – and only – state to offer this level of shareholder protection
- Nevada’s charging order protection statute protects S corporations from losing their federal S election in the event of a judgment against a shareholder. This prevents potentially significant negative tax consequences
- Reinstatement of entities has the legal impact as if the corporation had always been in good standing, thus preserving the corporate veil.
- LLC charging order is the sole remedy of the creditor of a member, preventing foreclosure of the membership interest and protecting other members from adverse economic impacts.
- Nevada comparison to Delaware and California from Lionel Sawyer & Collins and Parson Behle & Latimer Law Firms - Download PDF
Nevada Registered Agent
Nevada Top Services
How to form Nevada Corporation - Link
How to form Nevada LLC - Link
How to appoint Nevada Registered Agent - Link
How to pay Nevada Annual Report - Link
How to amend articles for INCs and LLCs - Link
Think Smart. Think IncSmart.
Starting a business in Nevada is a great way to be your own boss and have more control over your career and financial stability, but it is not without risks. There are several legal requirements for businesses operating in Nevada that must be met and renewed annually. IncSmart has several checklists and guides on how to legally start and maintain a business in Nevada for new business owners and going concerns.
Nevada SOS Annual Business License - $200
Get peace of mind from top quality legal products and services for yourself and your family. With a LegalShield Legal Plan a qualified attorney will be there to assist you on an unlimited number of personal legal issues.