Manage a Business
What's Next ?
After Incorporating your business or forming a LLC, what's next? The new business life begins with the Articles submitted to the corporation division. One filed, the new company is not automatically ready to start doing business. You may have licenses and permits depending on the county or city where the company will open. But a quick way to keep moving forward is to follow the 13 steps below.
Manage your Business
- Buy a THREE RING BINDER or order a LEGAL KIT for your documents
- Create the BYLAWS or OPERATING AGGREMENT
- In some states, an INITIAL LIST OF OFFICERS, or INITIAL REPORT will be do within a few weeks to the Secretary of State. This fee is not included in the IncSmart.biz pricing. Find prices on the FAQ page for your state.
- Have your INITIAL MEETING of Directors and Shareholders
- Apply for your TAX ID NUMBER (EIN).
- Open a CHECKING ACCOUNT for your new company.
- Open a MERCHANT ACCOUNT for your new company. See our BUSINESS RESOURCES page.
- Fund your new company. There are three ways to finance start-up costs: use your own money, obtain a loan, or find investors.
- Write your BUSINESS PLAN. A good business plan should include a description of what you are selling, who the prospective customers are, how you plan to promote, and how much money is need for start-up costs. SOFTWARE and BOOKS
- Lease your space or create your home office. Virtual Office Help
- OBTAIN LICENSES & PERMITS. It's very important not to overlook any necessary license or permit. Some cities and counties require a general business license. If the product or service you sell is taxable, you need a state sales tax permit.
- SET UP RECORD KEEPING. Hire your accountant, bookkeeper, and tax consultant. See our BUSINESS RESOURCES page.
- QUALIFYING to CONDUCT BUSINESS IN OTHER STATES. If your company expects to transact business outside your state of formation, your company may be required to qualify. IncSmart.biz can file the necessary paperwork to qualify your business as a foreign corporation or LLC in any of the 51 jurisdictions.
LLC Forms and Fees
AK AL AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS
MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA WI WV WY
Registered Agent Forms and Fees