Alabama Registered Agent Statutes
§ Section 10-3A-24. Change of Alabama Registered Agent or Registered Office
Change of registered office or registered agent.
(a) A corporation may change its registered office or change its registered agent, or both, upon filing in the office of the probate judge a statement and one copy thereof setting forth:
(1) The name of the corporation.
(2) The location and mailing address of its then registered office.
(3) If the location or mailing address of its registered office is changed, the location or mailing address to which the registered office is to be changed.
(4) The name of its then registered agent.
(5) If its registered agent is changed, the name of its successor registered agent.
(6) That the address of its registered office and the address of the office of its registered agent, as changed, will be identical.
(7) That such change was authorized by resolution duly adopted by its board of directors.
(b) Such statement shall be executed for the corporation by its president or a vice-president, verified by him and delivered to the probate judge who will transmit a certified copy to the Secretary of State. If the probate judge finds that such statement conforms to the provisions of this chapter, he shall file such statement in his office, and upon such filing, the change of address of the registered office, or the appointment of a new registered agent, or both, as the case may be, shall become effective.
(c) Any registered agent of a corporation may resign as such agent upon filing a written notice thereof, executed in triplicate, with the probate judge, who shall transmit a certified copy to the Secretary of State and who shall forthwith mail a copy thereof to the corporation in care of an officer, who is not the resigning registered agent, at the address of its registered office. The appointment of such agent shall terminate upon the expiration of 30 days after receipt of such notice by the probate judge.
(d) If a registered agent changes his or its business address to another place within the same county, he or it may change such address and the address of the registered office of any corporations of which he or it is a registered agent by filing a statement and one copy thereof as required in this section except that it need be signed only by the registered agent and need not be responsive to subdivisions (a)(5) or (a)(7) of this section and must recite that a copy of the statement has been mailed to each such corporation.
(Acts 1984, No. 84-290, p. 502, §9.)